A positive and talented Mechanic / Product Fabricator is needed to join the site team to design, fabricate and test new products focusing primarily but not exclusively on steering systems for both on and off road vehicles and other various products as well. Position would work directly with the aftermarket divisions of Maval Industries, Unisteer Performance and WickedBilt. The responsibilities associated with this research and development role are critical to maintaining a full product line. Additional work would be performed on the show vehicles, displays, booths and other projects for the factory in general as needed.
The involved work may include, but is not limited to, performing duties such as:
- Must be capable of following prints, diagrams, sketches, and engineering specifications as well as troubleshooting.
- Contribute to team effort by safely accomplishing related responsibilities - results oriented.
- Record factory dimensions of steering system applications
- Remove factory steering
- Document procedures for disassembly and assembly
- Work with engineering department to develop bills of material
Job Requirements & Skills:
- Professional Automotive skills or background
- Minimum of 3 years related experience
- Experience in metal fabrication and/or welding
- Hands-on ability / willingness to work with a variety of different products
- Ambitious, positive and self-motivated - works under limited supervision
- Ability to document and record work done including writing of instruction sheets
- Able to prioritize work schedule and successfully perform responsibilities in order of importance while achieving deliverables and meeting due dates
- Significant mechanical aptitude and previous related experience working on vehicles
- Demonstrated knowledge / background in electricity, hydraulics, welding (stick, mig, oxy/act, etc.) and previous experience reading blue prints/manuals
- Strong communication skills
- Driver’s license with a clean record
- Welding / Fabricating Certifications
- ASE Certifications
This job posting is intended to describe essential job functions and other requirements for the performance of the work opportunity. It should not be construed as a comprehensive statement of all duties, responsibilities or non-essential requirements of the Site Operations Worker position.
Maval Industries, a Remy International Company, provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Remy complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Maval Industries expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of Remy employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.